Pregnancy is one of the most exciting periods in a women’s life. The excitement of nurturing a life inside of you can be exhilarating. But along with it come apprehensions about dressing up smartly. Many women feel that pregnancy equates to unfashionable, dowdy, in-womanly clothes. This is absolutely false. With a little innovation and creativity, you can continue to look and feel chic during pregnancy. All it requires is some ingenious wardrobe tweaking and a smart investment in maternity clothes.
Tips for choosing maternity attire:
1. Be aware that you will most probably begin showing only in your second trimester. So take a stock of your wardrobe. Especially look for those tops, tees or shirts that are loose over the tummy. Flowing tops, longer tees and gowns fitted at the bust would hold you in good stead going forward. And stretchy fabrics like lycra help you go up one size or two with the same dress. Also raid your partner’s wardrobe for any longish shirts etc. that you may borrow.
2. You can also continue using your jeans and fitted skirts by buying a belly band from a maternity store. These bands let you keep your jeans or skirts unzipped. Cover up with a long, flowing top and you are good to go.
3. You can also borrow maternity clothes from close friends and relatives.
4. Unlike popular notion, maternity clothes are not a waste of money. Remember that they are designed for maximum comfort of the expecting mom and due to their stretchy fabrics; they can be worn stylishly even after the birth of your baby. They are, in fact, greatly suited for nursing and fluctuating breast sizes.
5. While buying maternity clothes invest in A-line dresses or empire-waist, they will flatter your expanding tummy. Don’t hide but try to show off your baby bump.
Form-revealing clothes look more flattering than frumpy clothes. Also with a great cleavage, now is the time to buy a low-neck top. Feel and look sexy by highlighting your assets. You can team a funky wrap or loose-fitted jacket for an extra-glam look on your skirt or trousers. Also wrap dresses can be very comfortable yet fashionable. There is a lot on offer these days for maternity clothing.
6. Remember to buy your maternity wear in stages. Buying them too early will make you wear extremely oversize clothes for too long. So, buy few pieces at one go. You can buy one pair of trousers, jeans or skirts at a time. Don’t buy too many tops or shirts together. Buying them in a phased manner goes a long way in taking care of your budget as well as in looking hip.
7. Solid colors give a well put together feel and a slimmer silhouette. Invest in these.
8. Buy layers. Pregnancy is a time when you feel hot and cold unexpectedly. So have a sweater, shawl or stole always at hand.
9. Buy some gorgeous accessories. They can change the whole look of your outfit. Just a chunky necklace or some great earrings can add a lot to your attire and your fashion quotient.
Hope these tips will come in handy for you. Remember not to compromise on your femininity. Put a confident foot forward. Choose quality maternity wear to look and feel wonderful.